The cost to attend the Russell Westbrook Why Not? Basketball Camp is $350.00 per camper. Campers can only be registered on our website, we do not accept registrations over the phone, via mail or email.
The Russell Westbrook Why Not? Basketball Camp does offer a limited number of scholarships for those campers that cannot afford the registration fee. To be considered for a scholarship please email firstname.lastname@example.org with detailed information on the child, why they want to attend camp and why they are in need of a scholarship. Scholarship decisions will be made in late June.
The deadline to cancel registration is June 26, 2017. Should you cancel on or before June 26, 2017 you will receive a refund less a $50.00 administrative fee. There will be no refunds for cancellations after June 26, 2017.
- Basketball instruction for 2 days, 3 hours per day
- Russell Westbrook Why Not? Basketball Camp t-shirt & shorts
- Individual photo with Russell Westbrook
- 1 personal autograph per camper
- Other surprise giveaways
- Lots of fun!!!
Every camper will have their individual picture taken with Russell Westbrook on the first day of camp and will receive the picture on the second day of camp. Parents are welcome to take pictures of their child participating in the camp but they must stay against the walls of the gyms. If a parent enters the court or interrupts the camp to take photos they will be asked to leave.
Photos taken by our camp photographers will be made available for purchase online. We will email a link to purchase the photos once the camp has been completed.
Russell Westbrook will sign one personal autograph per camper. Campers are allowed to bring an outside item (jersey, ball, etc.) to be signed but no photos are allowed during the autograph session. Should a camper lose their autographed item during or after camp it will not be replaced.
What to Bring:
Campers should wear basketball shoes, socks, a t-shirt and shorts. When campers arrive on the first day they will receive a Russell Westbrook Why Not? Basketball Camp t-shirt and shorts. Water will be available at all times during the camp but you are welcome to bring your own bottle of water. Do not bring items of great value as we will not be responsible for lost items.
Campers are assigned to teams by age. If a camper is assigned to a team significantly above or below their skill level we will assign them to a team more appropriate to their skill level as soon as possible. We do not place campers on teams with their friends and/or family in order to allow for competitive balance and ask that you do not make this request when camp begins.
Pick-up/Drop-off & Watching Camp:
On the first day of camp we suggest arriving at least 30 minutes prior to the start of camp to give enough time to check-in and receive your team, camp t-shirt and shorts. All campers should be picked up as soon as their camp session ends.
Parents are welcome to stay and watch while their child participates in camp but must stand against the walls of the gym. Parents are not allowed on the court and should they enter the court or interrupt camp they will be asked to leave.
Camp Expectations and Rules:
The following behavioral expectations and rules are designed to maintain a safe environment so that campers will receive the maximum benefit from their camp experience. Camper cooperation with these expectations and rules is critical to making our camp safe, rewarding, and fun for all participants. While unacceptable conduct is not anticipated from campers, violation of any camp rule could result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal from camp. Refunds will not be issued to campers dismissed from camp for disciplinary reasons.
Expectations for camper behavior:
- Bring a positive, winning attitude to camp.
- Report on time for all sessions.
- Participate in all scheduled activities. Only the camp director or an athletic trainer may grant permission to be excused.
- Keep track of your personal belongings. The Russell Westbrook Why Not? Basketball Camp is not responsible for campers’ lost or stolen items.
- Use the buddy system at all times.
- Label all personal belongings, especially equipment.
- Notify a camp counselor as soon as any problem arises, big or small.
Behaviors not permitted:
- Leaving the camp area as designated by the camp director.
- Possession and/or consumption of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances.
- Possession of fireworks or lethal weapons.
- Tampering with fire alarms, safety, or security equipment.
- Damaging Heritage Hall, Bishop Kelley High School or personal property.
- Harassment or intimidation of other campers or staff. Hazing and bullying is strictly forbidden!
- Excessive noise or horseplay.
- Theft of Russell Westbrook Why Not? Basketball Camp, Heritage Hall, Bishop Kelley High School property or other campers’ personal belongings.
- Removing food, glassware, utensils, or any other items from Heritage Hall or Bishop Kelley.
- Violations of federal/state laws.
Our onsite camp store sells camp t-shirts, shorts and bags as well as snacks and drinks. The camp store only accepts cash and will open after check-in is complete on the first day of camp and stay open until the end of camp.
Insurance and Medical Care:
All campers must have medical insurance and the carrier and policy number must be provided when registering. Athletic trainers will be onsite during the entire camp. Should a camper require special medical attention or be required to take any medication please document that when completing registration. When arriving to camp on the first day please provide any necessary medication to the camp trainer.
Right to Refuse Service:
The Russell Westbrook Why Not? Basketball Camp reserves the right not only to accept but also reject any paid camp registrants and/or applications as we see fit.